It’s that time of the year again.
The United States Postal Service (USPS) filed their proposed price changes with the Postal Regulatory Commission (PRC), which were approved. The approved price changes will officially be in effect on January 27, 2019.
LetterStream will be implementing our new prices to reflect the rate increases on Friday, January 25th at 4pm Arizona Time (6pm EST), so we recommend planning ahead and approving your mailings before the price increases are officially in effect.
Any job in our system that has been approved and paid for prior to 4pm on the 25th will have old postage prices, even if we mail it on Monday the 28th.
Following is a list of postage changes for some of our primary products.
2019 USPS Postage Rates:
– First Class Stamps up from $.50 to $.55
– First Class Postcard Rate staying at $.35
– Extra Ounces down from $.21 to $.15
– International Rates staying at $1.15
– Certified Mail up from $3.45 to $3.50
– Return Receipt staying up from $2.75 to $2.80
– Electronic Return Receipt up from $1.50 to $1.60
– Registered Mail up from $11.90 to $12.40
– Flats (.0001 – .999 oz) postage staying at $1.00
– Flats extra ounces down from $.21 to $.15
For more information, click here to review the USPS press release.
For a complete list of rate changes, you can download data files from the USPS website by clicking here.