Mark Your Calendars!
The proposed price changes that the United States Postal Service (USPS) filed with the Postal Regulatory Commission (PRC) back in October, were approved. Starting January 26, 2020, these new prices will officially be in effect.
LetterStream prices will reflect the rate changes starting on Friday, January 24th at 5pm Arizona Time (6pm EST), so we recommend planning ahead and approving your mailings before the price increases are officially in effect.
As it goes every year, any job in our system that has been approved and paid for prior to 5pm on the 24th will have the old postage prices, even if we mail it on Monday the 27th. Following is a list of postage changes for some of our primary products.
Here’s the list of items unchanged by the 2020 rates:
- First-Class stamps staying at $0.55
- First-Class Postcard Rate staying at $0.35
- Extra Ounces staying at $0.15 (for letters, not flats)
- Flat base rate staying at $1.00
And some items that are experiencing an increase, such as:
- International Rates going up from $1.15 to $1.20
- Certified Mail going up from $3.50 to $3.55
- Return Receipt going up from $2.80 to $2.85
- Electronic Return Receipt going up from $1.60 to $1.70
- Registered Mail going up from $12.40 to $12.60
- Flats Extra Ounces going up from $0.15 to $0.20
Sorry, this year we didn’t find any fees that went down for the products that we offer.
Click here to review the USPS press release for 2020 postage rates.
Click here to download and review the complete list of 2020 USPS rate changes.
We should remind you that LetterStream rarely raises our prices. We simply increase our prices by the amount of the USPS rate increases, and you can expect the same this year as well.
Again, LetterStream will be implementing these changes on January 24th, 2020 at 5 PM, so make sure you approve any jobs you can before the 24th to get the old postage prices.