For the second year in a row, the US Postal Service is raising their prices twice within a single year.
The USPS traditionally issues a price update annually (at the beginning of each year). However, moving forward they will implement price updates on a semi-annual basis (in January and July), starting in 2022.
The Postal Regulatory Commission (PRC) has approved the 2022 mid-year price increase for a number of products and services that the USPS offers, and the new rates will go into effect at Midnight on Sunday, July 10, 2022.
The price of a first-class stamp will be raised by two cents. Below are the other notable changes that will have an impact on some of the products LetterStream has to offer:
- First Class postage is going up 2 cents; from .58 to .60
- Certified mail is going up 25 cents; from 3.75 to 4.00
- Certified ERR (Electronic Return Receipt) is going up 15 cents; from 1.85 to 2.00
- First Class flats are going up 4 cents; from 1.20 to 1.24
- Postcards are going up 4 cents; from .40 to .44
- Extra Ounces (Letters) are staying the same at 20 cents
- Extra Ounces (Flats) are going up 4 cents; from .20 to .24
- International postage is going up 10 cents; from 1.30 to 1.40
- Registered mail is going up 1.10; from 17.15 to 18.25
- Standard/Marketing mail is going up 2 cents; from .24 to .26
For those who rely on LetterStream as their valued print and mail partner, the new rates will go into effect at 4pm the last business day before the USPS implements their new prices (July 8th, 2022). This is because orders that are received after 4pm Pacific Time will not be mailed until the new rates are in effect on Monday.
If you’re looking for an electronic way to send your statements, we provide an email delivery service (eDoc Delivery), which allows you to send your documents via email – directly through your LetterStream account. This can be done in place of, or in addition to, your real mail. Click here for more information.
For more information regarding this price increase, visit the USPS website or download the complete list of August 2022 USPS rate changes.
Visit our website for more information about LetterStream and how to send your mail online without ever touching a piece of paper.
Pro tip: if you want to get the old pricing but don’t want your mailing to go out before July 10th, you can always use our schedule job option to schedule your job to be mailed on a future date!