When it comes to important mailings, United States Postal Service (USPS) Certified Mail is a popular choice for individuals and businesses alike. This service provides a level of security and accountability by offering tracking and proof of delivery. Let’s go on a little journey as we explore the trackability of USPS Certified Mail. We’ll talk about how to track it, the importance of certified mail proof of delivery, and what to do if your USPS Certified Mail tracking isn’t updating.
Understanding USPS Certified Mail Tracking
USPS Certified Mail is a service that provides added security for sensitive or important mail items. One of the key features of this service is the ability to track the progress of your mail piece. Each Certified Mail item is assigned a unique tracking number that allows both the sender and recipient to monitor its whereabouts. Pretty cool, right?
How to Track USPS Certified Mail Letter
Tracking USPS Certified Mail is a straightforward process. To track your Certified Mail item, follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Locate your USPS Certified Mail tracking number or mailing receipt. This number can be found on the receipt you received when you sent the mail or on the mailing label.
Step 2: Visit the USPS website or use the USPS mobile app.
Step 3: Type in the tracking number into the specified box and select the “Track” option.
Step 4: The website or app will display the current status and location of your USPS Certified Mail item. You will be able to see when it was sent, where it is in transit, and when it is delivered.
A Simple Solution for Sending and Tracking Online Certified Mail
Now that you know how to track Certified Mail, let’s talk about using LetterStream as a simplified solution to send your Certified letter. If you’re new to our website here is a quick overview of the LetterStream way to send Certified Mail.
Nearly two (2) decades ago (wow! time sure does fly by fast), we pioneered the industry by creating and implementing the first process for sending certified mail online. Our process is not only effective but it’s extremely convenient for our customers. Normally when sending a certified letter, you have to gather the supplies, print your documents, stuff them into envelopes and take a fun little trip down to the post office where you probably get to wait in a nice little line.
Instead, we take care of absolutely everything for you! Well, nearly everything. You are required to sign into your account and upload your document(s), but that’s all! Honestly! We manage all the other aspects for you.
Plus, we’re not like other companies where you can buy the label and supplies but still have to print and send the letter yourself. We do it all for you, from start to finish!
USPS Certified Mail Delivery Confirmation
Ok, let’s get back to it.
Certified Mail offers a USPS tracking number with delivery confirmation to both the sender and the recipient. The USPS delivery confirmation feature provides peace of mind by verifying that the mail item has been delivered via signature confirmation. The USPS updates the tracking information to reflect the delivery status once the item reaches its destination. This confirmation can be crucial, especially when dealing with important documents or legal correspondence.
Certified Mail Proof of Delivery
One of the significant advantages of a Certified letter is the ability to obtain proof of delivery or signature confirmation. This proves that your mail reached the right person. The USPS provides several options for obtaining proof of delivery, including:
- Return Receipt: This is a physical document that is signed by the recipient or an authorized person at the delivery address. It is then mailed back to the sender, providing a tangible proof of delivery.
- Electronic Return Receipt (ERR): This option provides an electronic confirmation of delivery. The recipient’s signature is captured electronically and can be viewed online. Both ERR and return receipt will also show that the mailman attempted delivery but had no luck.
- USPS Tracking: The online tracking information provided by USPS can serve as proof of delivery. The status updates and delivery confirmation on the USPS website can be used as evidence.
Keep in mind, if you’re using our service, we offer an Electronic Return Receipt (ERR) that you can track right in your customer account.
USPS Certified Mail Tracking Not Updating
In some instances, you may notice that the USPS Certified Mail tracking information is not updating as expected. This can be concerning, but there are a few factors to consider:
- Processing Delays: It’s possible that the tracking information is delayed due to processing delays at the USPS sorting facilities. In such cases, it’s advisable to wait a few days and check the tracking status again.
- Incorrect Tracking Number: Double-check the tracking number you entered to ensure accuracy. Even a small error can prevent the tracking information from updating. Again, keep in mind, LetterStream’s online portal takes this option out of the mix since we house and provide the certified tracking number for you.
- Technical Issues: Occasionally, technical glitches or system maintenance can disrupt the real-time tracking updates. If you suspect this to be the case, try tracking the item again later.
If you have followed these steps and still have concerns about the tracking status of your USPS Certified Mail, it is recommended to reach out to USPS customer support for further assistance.
To learn more about our hassle-free, easy and convenient way to send certified mail from the comfort of your home or office (or anywhere really) then click here.