The USPS (United States Postal Service) has submitted new price requests to the Postal Regulatory Commission (PRC), and the new rates will go into effect on July 9th, 2023. These rates are still under review, but the USPS typically gets what they ask for.
In similar fashion to the last postage increase, the price of a first-class stamp will be raised by three cents again. Below are the other notable changes that will have an impact on some of the other products LetterStream has to offer:
- First Class Letters (1 oz.) are going up, from $.63 up to $.66 cents
- First Class Flats are going up, from $1.26 to $1.35
- Certified Mail is going up, from $4.15 to $4.35
- Certified ERR is going up, from $2.10 to $2.20
- International Letters (1 oz.) are going up, from $1.45 up to $1.50
Domestic Postcards are going from $.48 up, to $.51
International Postcards are going from $1.45 up, to $1.50
- Extra Ounces staying at $.24
- Registered Mail is going up, from $24.35 to $25.90
If you’re looking for an electronic way to send your statements, we provide an email delivery service (eDoc Delivery), which allows you to send your documents via email directly through your LetterStream account. This can be done in place of real mail or in addition to your real mail. Click here for more information.
For more information regarding this price increase, visit the USPS website or download the complete list of July 2023 USPS rate changes.
Visit our website for more information about LetterStream and how to send your mail online without ever touching a piece of paper.
Pro tip: if you want to get the old pricing but don’t want your mailing to go out before July 10th, you can always use our schedule job option to schedule your job to be mailed on a future date!